This salad is made with brown and wild rices, and a medley of vegetables. With beans added it can be the main dish. And it's awesome rolled up in a lettuce leaf. I served it tonight with tuna cakes, which Panda alluded to in a culinary conversation with her friends. They are made exactly like meatballs, but using tuna instead of ground meat. Breadcrumbs, minced onion, chopped parsley, a little parmesan, an egg or even mayonnaise to bind it all. Form into patties and fry in olive oil until golden brown. Done.
Wild Rice Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice, made according to package directions
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, made according to package directions
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 6 oz red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Place all ingredients in bowl and toss well with any vinaigrette of choice.