My neighbor Jaime did this to me so I have to do it to you. It's her fault. Don't blame me. That's all I have to say. Happy Halloween.
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and pat dry
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon each, brown sugar and granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 300. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add seeds and toss to coat evenly. Spread on the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
Bake seeds until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugars and salt; cook until deep golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and stir in seeds; coat with buttery caramel mixture and cook an additional minute.
Remove from heat and let cool before serving.