That's a rather wordy title. I was going for something catchy like D**k In a Box but it....um... Hey, look, I learned how to expand what's called the "Kitchen Sink" in Wordpress, which lets you change your font color, among other things!!
Sorry, let's just start over.
Score another Meatless Monday with this quick and easy Meal in a Ziplock Bag!
Kitchen Sink Fish Bake
- White fish filets of your choice - cod, tilapia, roughy. If frozen, thaw completely in fridge or in cold water.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, and juice squeezed from said lemon.
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, rinsed and left whole (I only had 1/2 pint, I wish I'd had more, you can never have too many roasted grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 bag frozen green peas. Not necessary to thaw but swish them under some cold water in a colander
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned breadcrumbs (optional)
Put all ingredients except breadcrumbs in a ziplock bag, close bag, and "moosh" them around until evenly coated with marinade. Leave alone for anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple hours, but if it's really hours then put the bag back into the fridge.
Preheat oven to 375. Spread fish and veggies onto a baking sheet, sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake 10-12 minutes until filets are opaque.
You can substitute lime for lemon, cilantro for parsley, and swap out any of the veggies as long as they are something that doesn't need a lot of roasting time - thin sliced zucchini, asparagus spears, small green beans, etc.